Okay, I know different people I follow/follow me have reblogged pics of libraries and bookshelves and stuff before. So I thought I would share some of the old books that I own. I’ve been collecting them here and there since I was a kid. None are valuable or expensive (most were under $10); a lot of them are bibles or religious texts because that type of book was very common so a lot of them are still around today. I have about fifteen total, dating from the mid-1800s to early 1900s.
Click for much bigger images!
Top row, left to right:
1. Assorted books in their usual home on the shelf
2. Mini Dante’s Inferno, split in two parts
3. Interior and so you can see how small they are
Middle row, left to right:
1. Virgil’s Aeneid. Nearly got in a fistfight with a coworker over this one, back when I worked in a grocery store. People donated books and we sold them for fifty cents. He wanted this one. I glared at him and ran over there and snatched it as quickly as I could. It’s just so beautiful.
2. Inside cover of the Aeneid.
3. Collected poems by Wordsworth
Bottom row, left to right:
1. Interior of the Wordsworth book
2. A small bible from the Civil War era
3. Left: a Danish bible; right: a New Testament